Happy first day of fall! The weather hasn’t cooled off yet, but I’m sitting at my desk wearing a chambray shirt and drinking a pumpkin spiced latte, so I’m telling myself its fall. I turned the AC down a few degrees. It’s close enough. If you’re new here- Welcome. My name is Alex and I’m a fall fanatic. If you’ve been around for a little while that’s not news to you.
I managed to contain myself until September 1st, but my house is already ready for the best season of the year too. I added touches of crisp and cozy to the living room, bedroom, coffee bar, my office and, of course, the front porch. Pumpkins are just now starting to show up in the farmer’s markets and stores around here, so those are coming too!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links ASD may receive a small compensation from Etsy. This does not add to your cost when purchasing.
Here are my 5 picks for you to add to your home if you’ve been inspired by mine-
1) My fall wreath is my favorite of all of the wreaths that I own, which is saying something because I have some beauties. It was created by Nancy of Leopard Design Studio and let me tell you, Nancy can do no wrong. Her work is stunning and high quality, plus she’s super nice. I have 3 of her pieces and love them all. Check out her new fall collection-each one is prettier than the last.
Browse her collection here -> https://tidd.ly/3Le3tHq
2) I actually saw this pillow cover on Instagram like 9 months ago and it’s been stuck in my head since. It’s a pretty simple cover, but it spoke to me. It makes a great partner for busier or more colorful patterns, so I decided to switch out a light green cover that was giving me more spring/summer vibes with the moodier black.
Grab your own here -> https://tidd.ly/3UaCkJK
3) It’s not fall without a big, soft blanket to curl up with. (If you’re down here in the south with me remember to turn down your AC first!) I’ve always loved the chunky knit blankets and this one is perfect for fall.
Get snuggly here -> https://tidd.ly/3Drxvpu
4) I grabbed a pitcher similar to this one at an antique shop a few months ago and I love it. I filled it with branches and flowers from my yard all summer but when I got out the fall decorations, I found some beautiful artificial stems from last year. They are the perfect filler for the season! Paired with a pumpkin spice candle they bring some fall vibes into my bedroom.
One of a kind, don't wait to grab it. -> https://tidd.ly/3QJAVqD
5) The throw pillows on my sectional are getting a lot of love! They’re from Hackner Home. Just like my recommendation of Nancy above, I'm pretty in love with them. I’ve used them for client’s homes in the past and have several in my own. They’re made in the states and have a great variety of patterns and colors. (Make sure you scroll all the way through these pictures to see how Bomber feels about my photo shoots!)
Check out their selection here -> https://tidd.ly/3Le3tHq
*If you are looking for a pillow insert to go with any of these pillow covers, please send me a message and I can hook you up with my FAVORITE ones. High quality, reasonably priced, perfectly choppable and, of course, made in the USA.*
As the weather cools off and we spend more time at home, we all begin to realize that we deserve to love our homes. If you are being brought down by furnishings that are killing the love in your space, please reach out today! -> Contact | A. Sallenger Design (alexsallengerdesign.com)
Alex Sallenger Design is here to help you create a beautiful and complete home.